The School of Graduate Studies at Chowan University is comprised of Chowan faculty members, who have been granted Graduate Faculty status; the various approved graduate programs; and the Graduate Council, which is the representative advisory body.
The Mission of Chowan University’s School of Graduate Studies is to provide and promote, within a liberal arts setting, excellence in graduate education that prepares scholars and further empowers emerging leaders for both the Northeast North Carolina region and the diverse world beyond. Essential to achieving this mission are the graduate faculty scholars who engage in relevant research adding new knowledge to their respective academic disciplines while reflecting awareness of the needs of the region and the complexities of the global community. The mission is reflected in the mentorship by graduate faculty members encouraging students to continue as life-long learners who address issues through critical inquiry and analysis and involve themselves in community service. In fulfilling the mission, faculty members guide students in the development of skills for analyzing, interpreting, appreciating, and understanding the issues inherent in a diverse global community as they acquire the advanced knowledge necessary to be productive scholars and effective leaders.
- In order to fulfill its mission, the School of Graduate Studies has the following goals:
- To meet the needs of qualified students by providing access to exceptional graduate programs, as well as opportunities for continued professional and personal development;
- To ensure that students received accurate and helpful advising;
- To ensure the quality and integrity of graduate programs through support for faculty and assessment of programs, including regular program review;
- To meet the needs of northeastern North Carolina, while also fulfilling the obligations of global citizenship;
- To stimulate and support creative and scholarly research activity.
- Elementary Education, M.Ed.
- Organizational Leadership, M.A.
- Elementary Education, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education, Comprehensive Science, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education, English, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education, Mathematics, M.A.T.
- Secondary Education, Social Studies, M.A.T.
All documentation and inquiries concerning admission to any graduate program should be directed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
School of Graduate Studies
One University Place
Murfreesboro, NC 27855
1 (888) 4-CHOWAN