Thomas H. Whitaker, Chair
Mukta B. Bhandari
James P. Truesdell
The Department of Mathematics serves all Chowan students by providing high quality academic programs in mathematics. Interaction with faculty members through classroom, and research experiences prepares students for being productive members of society. Students are well prepared to continue on for graduate degrees, enter professional programs, or find suitable employment.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of mathematical concepts, processes, symbolism, and applications.
- Students will demonstrate competence in the basic skills of mathematics.
- Students will demonstrate an appreciation of the beauty of mathematics and its cultural significance as well as a positive attitude toward the study of mathematics.
- Students will demonstrate general reasoning and writing abilities as well as critical and creative thinking processes.
- Students will have a background in mathematics sufficient to keep doors open to future graduate education and career choices.